As much as we would like to say that fall is in the air, you know we’ve got at least a month more of summer to go. Still September is known for a lot of things. Namely, the start of Aggie football. While 2020 has its peculiarities, College Station homeowners can rest assured that they will be able to watch the Aggies this year, either in person or on TV.
Beyond Aggie football, there are a few other things residents of Bryan/College Station can do this month.
Here’s what you can do in Bryan/College Station in September 2020:
Downtown Bryan’s First Friday
- When: Friday, September 4th, 5 – 9pm
- Where: Main Street in Downtown Bryan
- Description: Come support Downtown Bryan businesses (which are open!) and partake in some of the freshest and most locally sourced foods provided by folks from the Brazos Valley Farmer’s Market. First Friday will also feature live digital performances streamed from their Facebook page at 7pm and 8pm.
Aggie Football Kickoff Against Vanderbilt
- When: Saturday, September 26, 6:30pm
- Where: Kyle Field
- Description: Aggie football is back! This year’s season kicks off against Vanderbilt at Kyle Field. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the stadium will be at about 25% capacity so it’s unlikely you’re going to be able to get tickets if you don’t already have them. Not to worry though! There are plenty ways to watch the Aggies while practicing social distancing and safety. Call ahead to your favorite local bars and/or restaurants and see if you can reserve a spot ahead of time. If you can’t, you can always watch the game from home.
Brazos Valley Farmer’s Market
- When: Every Saturday from 8am – 12pm
- Where: 500 N. Main Street, Bryan, TX 77808
- URL: https://www.brazosvalleyfarmersmarket.com/
- Description: The Brazos Valley Farmer’s Market is the largest local farmers market in the BCS area. It happens every Saturday from 8am – 12pm and features a wide range of vendors, including Aggieland Coffee Co., Biryani Hut Indian Cuisine, BCS Chicken, 4C Cattle Company, Brand’s Farm, Circle J Farms, Polite Coffee, Texas Essential Wellness and more! The Brazos Valley is a pet-friendly market too, so bring your furballs and enjoy the eats, get some fresh produce, and support local growers and farmers.
B/CS Habitat for Humanity Tees for Keys Golf Tournament
- When: Monday, September 14 @ 9am
- Where: The Traditions Golf Club, 3131 Club Dr, Bryan, TX 77807
- URL: https://habitatbcs.org/event/2020-tees-for-keys/
- Description: Bryan/College Station Habitat for Humanity invites you to their second annual Tees for Keys golf tournament! Golfers will play on the beautiful course at Traditions Country Club. Lunch is included as well as two drink tickets while on the course. Additionally, tickets for mulligans and the putting contest are available for purchase at the registration table.