Condos & Townhomes
College Station and Bryan have many condos and townhome options for sale. These options are excellent for buyers looking for great locations with minimal upkeep and plenty of amenities. And it’s not all college and grad students either – condos and townhomes are a great idea for parents and Former Students looking to lock down a secondary residence near the university.
If you have been on the cusp of buying property, but you are not sure if you want the trappings of a home and property, a condos or a townhome might be the perfect fit for you! Property is always an excellent investment, and condos and townhomes are no exception to that rule. Many choose to purchase condos and townhomes for their convenience factor. When you are looking for affordable houses, the condos and townhomes for sale in the College Station area are both affordable and convenient. They generally require less maintenance, both for your living space and landscaping, and offer fantastic amenities. Even if you are looking for a landscape-free living zone, many people from all walks of life have found their perfect home in a condo or townhome.
The Hudson Team specializes in finding townhomes and condos for sale in the College Station area. We have years of experience finding the best properties in this community. We can help you determine the ideal neighborhood for you based on your lifestyle. As with any property, location is imperative, that is why we offer diverse condos for sale in the desirable area of College Station. Over the years, The Hudson Team has developed a bond with our community. We know that no matter where you live in the area, you will be close to the perks of living in the city.
Townhomes are like a happy medium between a condo and a house. They require less maintenance than a house, but come with more ownership opportunities than a condo. Townhomes usually include the ownership of the outside of the residence, meaning any front and backyard area, and your home’s exterior. Our real estate team is ready to help you find the best College Station condo or townhome for sale to fit your lifestyle and budget. Give The Hudson Team a call today to get started!
Making the Case for Condos & Townhomes
When it comes to owning residential property, there are certain times when less can be more! This is particularly true for working professionals or local property owners who may live out of town. To be specific, I am talking about more convenience and less maintenance. That’s why I often find myself recommending townhomes and or condominiums to many of my clients! Often, the benefits of living in a condo or townhome development are perfect for students, young professionals or other on-the-go individuals in the area.
Let’s talk briefly about the advantages of owning a condo/townhome vs a traditional neighborhood house:
- No grass or landscape maintenance
- Assigned parking
- Often less expensive
- Less general maintenance for repairs
- Sense of community
- TAMU shuttle bus route
- Increased amenities such as swimming pools or workout areas
- Gated security options
It’s certainly worth noting that we have several top-notch such communities here in College Station and Bryan. Some of my favorite condo/townhomes developments are Lakeridge, River Oaks, River Ridge, Waterwood, Deacon Condos, Woodbrook Condos, Summit Crossing, Fox Run, Canyon Creek, Woodland Court and Gateway Villas. I have assisted both buyers and sellers in each of these communities. I can assure you that all are outstanding. Which one is best, is simply a matter of personal taste and which one is the best fit for you.
Condos & Townhomes in College Station and Bryan, TX
Below is a list of all available townhome and condominium communities where you can find condos for sale in College Station & Bryan.
Differences Between Condos, Townhomes & More
To the laymen, you may think that there’s essentially no difference between apartments, condos, and townhome communities. While the real estate distinction itself is similar, what each type of home offers is different and will appeal to different buyers. Here’s a breakdown of apartments, condos, and townhomes:
- Apartments – Apartments are distinguished by their ownership status. 99% of the time (unless you’re in a big city like New York) an apartment is going to be rented by an occupant from a landlord or property owner. Aesthetically, apartments are very similar to a condo, often having community amenities on the property.
- Condos – Like the above, condos, or condominiums, are distinguished by their ownership status. Condos are primarily owned by the occupant with all the trappings of typical real estate ownership like titles, mortgages, ESCROW and more. In terms of a layout, condos and apartments are essentially indistinguishable as the both feature resident amenities on the property like laundry services, resident gyms, and more.
- Townhomes – Townhomes, unlike condos and apartments can either be owned or rented by the occupants. What makes townhomes unique is their construction and layout. Townhomes, or town houses, are defined as single-family homes that share a wall with another single-family property. They’re often situated in rows and are multiple stories to account for their small lot footprint.