October’s warm temperatures in the Bryan and College Station area make it a good time to enjoy some fresh air and seasonal entertainment. When you’re looking for things to do in College Station or Bryan this season, you’ll find a few notable outdoor events going on. Keep in mind that there are also virtual local events available that you can attend without having to leave the comfort of your home.
The following are just some of the Bryan and College Station events happening this October.
Astin Mansion Car Show
- When: Saturday, October 17 from 10 am to 1 pm
- Where: Astin Mansion, 506 W. 26th Street, Bryan, TX 77803 (front and back lawns)
- Cost: $25 per participating vehicle
- URL: https://astinmansion.ticketspice.com/astin-mansion-car-show
- Description: The Astin Mansion Car Show is the first ever event of its kind held at this location. When you’re looking for things to do in Bryan TX, consider stopping by to view cars from the past 100 years. If you have an interesting vehicle you would like to show off, you can join in the fun and compete for prizes. This free event is being held in honor of Astin Mansion turning 100 years old this month.
The Grand Market at Post Oak
- When: Saturday, October 17 from 11 am to 7 pm and Sunday, October 18 from 12 pm to 6 pm
- Where: Post Oak Mall, 1500 Harvey Road, College Station, TX 77840
- URL: https://www.starstruckvendorevents.com/product/october-17-18-post-oak/
- Description: The Grand Market is an indoor event held at the Post Oak Mall. When you come to this event, you’ll have a chance to browse through a wide selection of products sold by several local merchants. This event also includes giveaways. All you need is a vendor walk card to enter these drawings.
Brazos Valley Worldfest and Family Festifall
- When: Monday, October 19 to Saturday, October 24
- Where: Virtual and drive-through event in Downtown Bryan
- Cost: Free
- URL: https://www.downtownbryan.com/family-festifall
- Description: Due to current health and safety concerns, this year’s festival will mainly feature virtual events. However, a drive-through Culture and Craft Bag pickup will be included in the event lineup. Virtual events that are part of this year’s festival include cultural, art, and science exhibits, as well as live stream performances and educational videos. This year’s festival also includes an International Restaurant Passport that you can use to try different cuisines at some of the area’s finest restaurants.
- When: Friday, October 30 from 8 pm to midnight
- Where: Astin Mansion, 506 W. 26th Street, Bryan, TX 77803
- Cost: $85 for general admission
- URL: https://astinmansion.ticketspice.com/masquerade-ball-2020
- Description: This event, which is held for ages 21 and up only, is held to raise funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Brazos Valley. Enjoy music and dancing, hors d’oeuvres and cocktails, live entertainment, and more at this year’s Masquerade Ball at the mansion. Keep in mind that you’ll need to wear a face mask along with your masquerade eye mask if you plan to attend.