If you’re looking to reside in an area with one of the top 25 independent school districts in the state of Texas, then the neighborhoods zoned within the accredited College Station Independent School District will deliver on any wish list item that you could have for a public-school district! Known for their prestigious academics, all-encompassing diversity, and excellent teachers, College Station ISD is made up of nine top-rated elementary schools, six awarded intermediate and middle schools, and three excellent high schools. Established in 1941, College Station ISD has been serving the southern portion of the Brazos Valley for over 70 years.
Fully accredited by the Texas Education Agency, the mission and vision of College Station ISD “is to provide a quality education that prepares students for the challenges of life.” The elite faculty and staff of CSISD is dedicated to the success of each and every of their over 13,000 students in every aspect of the educational process. With a student to teacher ratio of 15:1, CSISD is lower than the national average, ensuring that each and every student receives the education and care that they need to succeed. CSISD is comprised of exemplary academics, teachers, available clubs and activities, administration, food, diversity, college prep, health and safety, sports, and resources and facilities offered to the students. According to Texas state test scores, 83% of the total school population of proficient in both math and reading.
The extracurricular programs offered at the different school campuses are also highly desirable because of their success, including both fine arts and athletic programs to complement their strong academic environments. The Fine Arts programs offered by CSISD include various art clubs, choir, theatre, dance teams, orchestra, band, and forensics speech and debate teams. The Athletics programs offered by CSISD include football, baseball, softball, basketball, track, cross country, volleyball, tennis, gymnastics, powerlifting, soccer, swimming, wrestling, and golf teams.
College View High School is a smaller high school campus, providing an environment for students wanting to concentrate on academics. Located across the street from Texas A&M University campus, students at College View literally have a “college view” of the university while taking dual credit courses offered from Blinn College.
CSISD Elementary Schools (serving Pre-K through 4th grades)
- College Hills Elementary School (1101 Williams Street)
- Creek View Elementary School (1001 Eagle Avenue)
- Forest Ridge Elementary School (1950 Greens Prairie Road West)
- Greens Prairie Elementary School (4315 Greens Prairie Trail)
- Pebble Creek Elementary School (200 Parkview Drive)
- Rock Prairie Elementary School (3400 Welsh Avenue)
- South Knoll Elementary School (1220 Boswell Street)
- Southwood Valley Elementary School (2700 Brothers Boulevard)
- Spring Creek Elementary School (2450 Brewster)
CSISD Intermediate & Middle Schools (serving 5th through 8th grades)
- Cypress Grove Intermediate School (900 Graham Road)
- Oakwood Intermediate School (106 Holik Drive)
- Pecan Trail Intermediate School (4319 Greens Prairie Trail)
- A&M Consolidated Middle School (105 Holik Drive)
- College Station Middle School (900 Rock Prairie Road)
- Wellborn Middle School (15510 Royder Road – opening August 2018)
CSISD High Schools (serving 9th through 12th grades)
- A&M Consolidated High School (1801 Harvey Mitchell Parkway)
- College Station High School (4002 Victoria Avenue)
- College View High School (1300 George Bush Drive)
About the College Station Independent School District
With headquarters located at 1812 Welsh in College Station, CSISD has several campuses, including:
- Barbara Bush Parent Center (1200 George Bush Drive)
- LEAP (1300 George Bush Drive)
- Elementary Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (serving DAEP for ages 6 through 6th grade students)
- Venture Center (1300 George Bush Drive)
- Secondary Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (serving DAEP for 6th through 12th grade students)
If you would like for information on the College Station Independent School District and other schools in the Brazos Valley, get in contact with Kendra today!